She lost her legs because of using a common household product… now she’s warning women everywhere with her story.
Lauren Wasser, a California lady, is sharing her life narrative to stop other women from going through what she did due to a common product.
This model visited the hospital back in 2012 because she was having persistent flu-like symptoms. Sadly, tests later showed that Lauren’s discomfort was actually toxic shock syndrome brought on by bacterial toxins rather than the flu.
It was found that the tampon was the source of the infection. Tampons can induce this illness if used for extended periods of time, which can result in toxic shock syndrome, or TTS.
Unfortunately, Lauren remained unconscious for more than a week, and when she awoke, the infection compelled the doctors to amputate her limb. She was only 24 years old at the time.
Since this terrible incident, Lauren has dedicated her life to spreading awareness and pursuing legal action against Kotex Natural Balance, the manufacturer of the tampons that initially set off her extreme reaction.
My other leg will undoubtedly need to be removed in a few months. I am powerless to change it. However, I can assist ensure that others don’t experience this,” Lauren says to The Daily Mail.
“It is imperative that consumers understand the reality of what could happen to them, given that the vagina is the most absorbent part of a woman’s body and is a gateway to many of our vital organs,” the author states in InStyle.
Following the second amputation, Lauren posed alongside Paralympic athlete Amy Purdy, who also had her legs amputated.
“Life is about to be so different, again! I’m in great spirits though and ready for my next chapter. ???♀️??♂️ // photo by my love @camraface,” she wrote in the caption.
We are cheering for Lauren who is determined to live her life to the fullest regardless of the obstacles and the pain she was forced to go through.
Please SHARE this article with your family and friends on Facebook.