Bath time is a happy time for both children and parents. To increase their happiness, we love to buy children lots of bath toys.
However, a mother from Illinois revealed a dire warning about an apparently innocent bath item that might cause youngsters to lose their vision.
Eden Strong was having fun taking Baylor for a bath when she noticed something was bothering his eyes. She attempted to wash his eyes with water, but the situation only worsened.
She was shocked to learn that he had cellulitis, a potentially dangerous bacterial infection. It can spread and lead to major health issues if left addressed. His eye changed from pink to infected in about 12 hours.
“His eye was protruding from his face,” she said in a viral Facebook post. “It was very obscured. He was running a raging fever.
“I cried the entire drive to a larger hospital, praying that he wouldn’t lose his eye.
“The next week was pretty scary. He had severe cellulitis that eventually spread down his face and to both eyes. They warned me that he may lose vision in the worse eye, but in the end, thank the Lord his eyes healed.”
His infection was brought on by a squirting bath toy.
“I came to find out later that because the water is never fully expelled from those types of toys they can just grow bacteria that you can’t stop,” she said.
Eden continued to upload distressing images of her son’s sickness to alert other parents. More than 322,000 individuals have shared the post, and millions of people have watched it. Pictures of other parents’ children with the same issue were also posted.
Strongly hope that producers of similar toys will take this carefully while creating the upcoming batch.
She disposed of all the squeezable toys in the trash even after the disaster.
“I think those toys especially are cute. They’re fun. They’re cheap and they’re easy, but it’s not worth it.”
Given everything this family experienced, I’m delighted the poor boy did okay.
Please SHARE this post to warn other parents!