To’make everyone aware,’ a Canadian mother posts a photo of her son on Facebook.

One grieving mother, who tragically lost her son, is warning everyone about the risks of opiate usage.

Sherri Kent said that her 22-year-old son Michael overdosed on prescribed drugs in a heartfelt Facebook post. He ingested a lethal quantity of fentanyl, a narcotic that is 50 to 100 times stronger than morphine.

This distraught mother commented, “I simply want everyone to know that my son Michael overdosed on fentanyl.” “My kid was not an addict; he made a blunder that led to his death.”

Sherri posted a photo of Michael in his hospital bed, intubated and possibly unconscious, while she held him in her arms, along with the warning.

On March 21, Michael Kent passed away.

As reported by CBC, Michael and his sister were out running errands when they came across an unknown man who offered them narcotics. This occurred the day before the catastrophe. Michael’s sister advised him not to take the tablets, but the next day he met with the man. He purchased the narcotics and consumed them in the store’s bathroom, where he overdosed.

“He was in cardiac arrest by the time the paramedics arrived,” Sherri told CBC.

Michael was transported to the hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries.

“Believe me,” Sherri continued, “they were the worst days of my life.”

“Deaths due to opioid overdoses have climbed substantially in the past few years, partially due to a particularly deadly narcotic called fentanyl,” according to the Huffington Post. Fentanyl is 50 to 100 times more potent than morphine, and its use in the United States appears to be on the rise.”

Fentanyl overdoses are also on the rise in Canada, particularly in the area where Michael lived, according to the CBC.

“I just want to make everyone aware of the epidemic that is currently raging in every city in Canada, killing 5-7 people per day,” Sherri wrote. “It’s out of control, and the only way to safeguard our children is to educate them about the current hazards of drug use.”

The mother explained, “They made me a location on the bed where I could lay with my kid and talk to him.” “I told him I was still proud of him at this point.”

Sherri’s heartfelt and moving post went viral. People sent condolences and prayers, and she is grateful that it reached thousands of people since it meant she was able to help raise awareness.

We are deeply saddened by this mother’s loss, and we appreciate her sharing her son’s story in the hopes of preventing at least a few overdoses of this hazardous narcotic.

Related Posts

Dad strips down at school board meeting to make a point

Most parents tend to feel strongly when the school changes policies, and their children have to abide by new rules. One father in Arizona was enraged when…

This touching 9/11 Budweiser commercial paying tribute to our nation only aired once

Although it has been 19 years since America was a target of the terrorist attack that took place on September 11 in which around 3.000 people lost…

Angelina Jolie’s eldest daughter: From a tomboy with braces to a new generation of expensive beauty

Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt, the first biological daughter of Hollywood stars Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, has turned 16, and her journey from a child to a stunning…

Simon Cowell couldn’t believe his ears and asked the beautiful girl to sing acapella. After singing the girl, Simone was in shock

A 12-year-old girl from Easley, South Carolina, turned an interrupted “America’s Got Talent” audition into an unforgettable moment for the judges and audience in what could have…

Richard Gere’s red carpet appearance with 3rd wife ignites heated reactions – “Looks like his granddaughter”

You’d think people would be used to celebrities not conforming to social norms where dating and relationships are concerned. But alas, people had plenty to say recently…

51-year-old Cameron Diaz and 45-year-old Benji Madden quietly welcome baby number 2 – people criticize decision

Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz have been married for over nine years at this point. They welcomed their daughter four years ago and have kept the little…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *